in Hot Topics - 11 Jan, 2013
Tech News for the week 2 – January
- Java exploit creates a security threat. Reaction: Firefox blocks Java Addons, Apple blocks Java 7 on OS X.
- Rumors of Apple cheap iPhone Spread > Then denied by Phil Schiller (translated from Chinese)> Then denial withheld (rumors still true)
- Facebook testing charging people 1$ per message to strangers > Now testing 100$ for messages to celebrities (starting with Mark Zuckerberg himself) => this service will ensure that your spam message will not go to spam folder!
- Yahoo integrates Flickr images in it’s image results, telling you which you can safely reuse.
- Microsoft mails Live Messenger users telling them: It’s time to update Messenger to Skype!
- Kodak, $2billion patents sale to Google, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Samsung … Approved.
- Google launches Coupon service: “Zavers”.
- Sony focusing on waterproof gadgets: waterproof walk-man the the NZW-W270 comes few days after unveiling the waterproof phone The Xperia Z.
- Angelist introduces online investment feature.
- Youtube VS. German copyright agency negotiation failed.
- Apple wins 2012 Technology and Engineering Award.
- Buzzfeed stealing buzz ideas from Reddit.
- Foundem sues Google in U.K.
- Unwired Planet buys 2,400+ patent from Ericson.