Google Inc. is an American corporation headquartered in Mountain View, California. Google provide Internet services, it was first incorporated as a privately held company in 1998, the initial public offering followed on August 19, 2004.
it’s main services:
– Internet search (process over one billion search requests).
– Email , productivity and business applications (process about24 petabytes of user-generated data every day – including Video).
– Online Advertising (AdWords/ Adsense generate most of the company’s profits).
– Video Hosting, through it’s purchased entity Youtube().
– Social Network, through it’s Google PLUS network.
– Social Entities like Blogger for hosting Blogs, Orkut a social network acquired before Google Plus launch.
– Android mobile operating system, for mobile devices.
– Google Chrome a OS browser-only operating system, running on specialized netbooks called Chromebooks.
Google have a long list of products for desktop, mobile or online products released or acquired by Google Inc.
Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin In 1996 while both were graduate students, Google debuted in a Stanford dorm room. Then moved to a Menlo Park garage, where the company quickly grew. Sun Microsystems founder Andy Bechtolsheim was the company’s first investor with other notable investors including Ron Conway, John Doerr, Mike Moritz and Ram Shriram.(Now, Brin and Page combined own about 16 percent of the company’s stake).
the company’s unofficial slogan is “Don’t be evil”